Is happiness a choice? Yes! Many happy people realize happiness is a choice and it’s up to them to intentionally choose it every single day.
Happy people are not held captive by their circumstances and they do not seek happiness in people or possessions.
They comprehend that when we stop chasing the world’s definition of happiness, we begin to see the decision to experience happiness has been right in front of us all along. Research in the field of positive psychology continues to reinforce this inner-standing.
Yet simply knowing that happiness is a choice is not enough. Fully experiencing it still requires a conscious decision to choose happiness each day. How then might each of us begin to experience this joy?
Here are some suggestions:
You can choose to embrace one new action item, practice all of them, or simply use them as inspiration to discover your own. Here are 12 suggestions to choose happiness today:
1. Count your blessings. Happy people choose to focus on the positive aspects of life rather than the negative. They set their minds on specific reasons to be grateful. They express it when possible. And they quickly discover there is always, always, something to be grateful for.
2. Put on a smile. A smile is a wonderful beautifier. But more than that, studies indicate that making an emotion-filled face carries influence over the feelings processed by the brain. Our facial expression can influence our brain in just the same way our brains influence our face. So in actuality you can program yourself to experience happiness by choosing to smile. Not to mention, all the pretty smiles you’ll receive in return for flashing yours is also guaranteed to increase your happiness level.
3. Speak daily affirmation into your life. Affirmations are positive thoughts accompanied with affirmative beliefs and personal statements of truth. They are recited in the first person, present tense (“I am…”). Affirmations used daily can release stress, build confidence, and improve outlook. For maximum effectiveness, affirmations should be chosen carefully, be based in truth, and address current needs.
4. Wake up on your terms. Most of us have alarm clocks programmed because of the expectations of others: a workplace, a school, or a waking child. That’s probably not going to change. Yet that doesn’t mean we have to lose control over our mornings in the process. Wake up just a little bit early and establish an empowering, meaningful, morning routine. Start each day on your terms. The next 23 hours will thank you for it.
5. Hold back a complaint. The next time you want to lash out in verbal complaint towards a person, a situation, or yourself, don’t. Instead, humbly keep it to yourself. You’ll likely diffuse an unhealthy, unhappy environment. Yet more than that, you’ll experience joy by choosing peace in a difficult situation.
6. Practice one life-improving discipline. There is happiness and fulfillment to be found in personal growth. To know that you have intentionally devoted time and energy to personal improvement is one of the most satisfying feelings you’ll ever experience. Embrace and practice at least one act of self-discipline each day. This could be exercise, budgeting, or guided-learning… whatever your life needs today to continue growing. Find it. Practice it. Celebrate it.
7. Use your strengths. Each of us have natural talents, strengths, and abilities. And when we use them effectively, we feel alive and comfortable in our skin. They help us find joy in our being and happiness in our design. So embrace your strengths and choose to operate within your giftedness each day. If you need to find this outlet outside your employment, by all means, find this outlet.
8. Accomplish one important task. Because happy people choose happiness, they take control over their lives. They don’t make decisions based on a need to pursue joy. Instead, they operate out of the satisfaction they have already chosen. They realize there are demands on their time, helpful pursuits to accomplish, and important contributions to make to the world around them. Choose one important task that you can accomplish each day. And find joy in your contribution.
9. Eat a healthy meal/snack. We are spiritual, emotional, and mental beings. We are also physical bodies. Our lives cannot be wholly separated into its parts. As I always say it is about the Body, Mind and Soul journey. Our physical bodies will always have impact over our spiritual and emotional well-being. Therefore, caring for our physical well-being can have significant benefit for our emotional standing. One simple action to choose happiness today is to eat healthy foods. Your physical body will thank you… and so will your emotional well-being.
10. Treat others well. Everyone wants to be treated kindly. Yet more than that, deep down, we also want to treat others with the same respect that we would like given to us. Treat everyone you meet with kindness, patience, and grace. The Golden Rule is a powerful standard. It benefits the receiver. Yet it also brings growing satisfaction in yourself as you seek to treat others as you would like to be treated.
11. Meditate. Find time alone in solitude. As our world increases in noise and speed, the ability to withdraw becomes even more essential. Studies confirm the importance and life-giving benefits of meditation. Take time to make time. Use meditation to search inward, connect spiritually, and improve your happiness today.
12. Search for gift in your pain. Life can be difficult and nobody escapes without pain. At some point—in some way—we all encounter it. When you do, remind yourself again that the trials may be difficult, yet they will pass. Search deep to find meaning in the pain. Choose to look for the benefits that can be found in your trial. At the very least, perseverance is being built. And most likely, an ability to comfort others in their pain is also being developed.
Choose joy today and be happy. Much love and light always, Leona
Your Wellness Advocate, Self-Love Expert, and Guide Back To Your Heart
Creator of Reset, Renew, Recharge Retreats and Wellness Wisdom Wednesdays
It is time to integrate the heart energy and the beautiful mind and receive FLOW.
Let’s explore the possibilities of how playful mindset eliminates to flow by approaching every situation with ease and openness.
The core essence of play is “playfulness”. Emerging into any task with a playful approach creates a feeling of trust and creativity. Every playful is being at peace with the environment and oneself. It’s about letting oneself go.
When people are playing they reveal their true selves. To the contrary as well, when playing, one can mimic whatever the idea is of play. A child can become a doctor in a split second, saving the lives of many in his or her playroom. It is important to trust in oneself and others to the point where one can be relaxed and playfully released into co-creation of the world of play.
Playful mindset is a mode of perception that brings the biggest satisfaction. When one is playful, one is instantly integrated with one’s own self and with the activity. We are immersed in the reality in a way that contributes constructively to the beauty of life. When we are playful, we are rewarded with the inexhaustible source of energy life that lies within us.
Activities of flow are done for their own sake, for the enjoyment and experience they provide, like work, art, music or sports. These goal-oriented activities can easily become ends in themselves and enjoyed for their own sake.
Our brain is willing to learn, if we provide safe and challenging circumstances that will arouse our learning capabilities. Such an environment, the stay and play mode of being produces a positive hormonal response, which an individual is likely to seek more often.
It is the way that nature has provided us with the safe testing of our abilities, in order to survive. It is also the way to sense the true power of being alive. When one is lost in play, one has found an endless fountain of life energy.
Playful mindset can be summarized with the following intention:
“I have a playful approach toward everything I do.”
Learn how to play more today and integrate this mindset into your life and watch how life flows.
Register today for our program that begins April 5th, 2020. A 6 week virtual program where we marry mindset and heart Being.
Take this opportunity to “Reset, Renew, Recharge – Align Your Body, Mind and Soul.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learnmore here: https://www.awakenthebeauty.com/upcoming-workshops.html
2020 is a New Year and the beginning of a New Decade. An opportunity for us to have anything we can possibly imagine. Around the world there is chaos and revolutions and this can look very bad. And it can be. Yet it is also a great sign that things are changing and people of the planet are demanding better ways of life. They are asking for more and realizing that they deserve better. So because mindsets and beliefs are shifting, we will tend to see this desire happening on the outside. Perceiving it as only chaos and revolution yet what is really happening is the "old foundations" are breaking down so we can build new one. The same thing happens within humans. When we begin to desire to new experiences in our lives, we begin to break down our "old foundations". Now without any Guidance this can be chaotic and definitely feel like a revolution. It can get messy and take a long time. It can feel as if we are really getting no where. This is quite possible because it is an uphill battle when shifting the sub-conscious. This is where 95% of our programming lies that we are not conscious of and without any Guidance you can be going in circles forever. So with all this in "mind", I have made it part of my mission to assist humanity where I can...by being in my gifts. What are my gifts? Well, I have the ability to Guide you back to your heart which is the gateway to your subconscious. Where we can strategically tear down your "old foundation" (with love) and rebuild a new one that will assist you in creating the life that you desire. Cause you know what would happen if you built a "new house" on an "old foundation"? Eventually over a short period of time, your new house would come crumbling to the ground. So the intention over this next decade is to help a minimum of 1 million people to build a new foundation. How? With your help. I require you to say yes to you first. Love yourself first. Allow me to Guide you with no strings attached. Take advantage of my years of expertise in the "Self-Love Field" and all of my tools, strategies and gifts. My promise to you is to gift you as much of my wisdom as possible. Your promise to you, is to receive, integrate, implement and BE the best you! Than share with others, so we can build a better world. A stronger foundation to build the BEST house! So stay tune! This February is all about sharing LOVE! It is also my birth month. So I have decided to GIFT something of value each day of February to you! Follow along and take part in this journey with me as I Guide you back to your Heart! Much love always, Leona
Your Self-Love Expert
Are you a conscious traveller?
Are you more aware, awake, and more curious to learn ancient mysteries about the land and about yourself?
Conscious travelling is the on the rise. These days you are able to book your own flights, accommodations, adventures online, yet people are looking for something deeper to experience with their travel. It is not just about making online arrangements (which is great), it is about having the richest and most expansive experience ever.
It is also really about checking out from the chaos of everyday living. For the most conscious traveller it is also about the healing, learning, knowledge and wisdom. It is about the transformational experience. It is also about experiencing heart expansion through movement and nutritional meal plans. It is about “Resetting, Renewing and Recharging” yourself.
Hence, the creation of the monthly “Reset, Renew and Recharge Retreats” in Portugal.
I have taken the time and energy to search for the most aligned and awakened partners to collaborate on my newest addition to my “Self-Love Programs”.
The world has been getting busier, more chaotic and more challenging. With less time for self, investing in a retreat is truly a luxury. That is why I keep in mind that when you are investing in an experience with my team, that we are truly mindful of combining the right elements for an exclusive realigning experience of Body, Mind and Spirit.
Beginning this 2020, me and my team are hosting and leading 5 day “Reset, Renew and Recharge Retreats in Portugal” We take care of all of the elements to ensure that you are realigning your body, mind and soul. All you need to do is reserve your spot and buy your ticket to paradise, Portugal. A country that is all about heart. With its soft, warm and welcoming energy. Fabulous setting and glorious history, you will be in the right place to ensure your reset, renew and recharge experience is a success. This I can guarantee!
Centuries ago it was the intention of the leaders to create a “heaven on earth”. Portugal has begun to open its doors to many new travellers and they are so very happy to take care of you while you come to align yourself.
During a 5 day retreat, you can expect the following and more.
Transportation from the local airport at 3pm on the Thursday.
Arrival at the retreat centre and receival of a warm welcoming.
Meet your roommate as all accommodation is shared.
Arrival dinner. Evening mediation beside the saltwater pool, looking out towards the orange groves and covered by the expansive sky of stars.
Enjoy a deep sleep as the next day Paradise will share her secrets with you.
Begin your day with meditation and a movement class, Nirvana.
After you will commence your detox juicing program.
During this experience you will also experience massage, energy treatments, self-love coaching sessions and more.
**Depending on which date you chose, some elements are slightly different.**
April and May are in the Algarve region of Portugal complete a total relax and detoxify regime by the pool with healing treatments. Flying into the Faro airport.
If you choose June, July, August or September you will be flying into the Lisbon Airport.
We will whisk you off to our medieval home that was created by the hands of Templar Knights. While you enjoy some of the energy treatments, your experience will be even more supercharged with spiritual adventures in Tomar and Sintra.
Your investment includes:
Designated one time pick up and drop off at the local airport.
Detox, Reset Regime and/or meals.
Energy beauty treatment
Daily movement classes and meditation.
Self-love energy/coaching sessions with Leona.
This investment does not include your travel to and from Portugal, travel/medical insurance or any other expenses for personal items.
To learn more, visit http://www.awakenthebeauty.com/upcoming-retreats.html
Much love always, Leona
Your Self-Love Expert and Guide Back to Your Heart
Creator and Leader of “Reset, Renew and Recharge Retreats” in Portugal
Change!?!? Most people's reactions when change is upon them is to FREAK out! Trust me, I have been there before. My life is full of change from the moment I entered this planet. I have come to realize over the years that change is part of my "M.O.". It is part of my mission on this planet...to be a positive influence of change. Now it took me years to figure that out. Than it took me many more years to do what was necessary to make it easier. What is that you ask? EMBRACE IT! SURRENDER! Yes that's it. Because change is inevitable. So you have two choices, embrace or resist! You would think the second is more painful yet the first is more difficult. Because we have such a deep programming for status quo, anything that "flows against" that programming makes it "difficult".
Think about this for a moment. If our programming was set in place before the age of 8 years old and there is tons of science around this. And our subconscious mind makes up 95% of our programming. Logically anything outside of this is not going to be easy to accept.
Than add in two different kinds of change, the kind of change we are instrumental in and the kind that is out of our "control". Oh yes control! This is the part that makes us freak out. It is out of our control, it begins to send a panic signal to our brain. We react...from our programming and all hell breaks lose. Even if we are instrumental in the change and desiring the change, our programming can rear its ugly head to try and derail us from our path.
Okay, than what can we do about it. Remember I said two things, embrace and surrender. Sound easy? Well, it really depends on your programming. This is what I know for sure. You can count on some resistance and it will take some time to build these new muscles of embracing and surrender. Yet with perseverance, courage, a great attitude, mindfulness, awareness and perhaps some hand holding. You will get better and better.
You will absolutely receive amazing gifts on the other side of the change. Ease and grace. Instead of panic and anxiety anytime unwanted change comes upon you. You will have new tools.
Here are some suggestions to get you started!
*Check in with your heart. Place your hand on your heart when asking important questions. This will keep you aligned on the right course!
*Ensure you have a daily routine that works for you!
*Ensure your daily routine has the elements with your Body, Mind and Soul!
* Do you have an "Attitude of Gratitude"?!?
*Structure and order are key for success! Keep your home and office organized and clear of clutter. This will assist you with being focused on the above and ensure your success during the change!
Time to Reset,Renew and Recharge?
Learn more about our upcoming retreats in Portugal in 2020!
April 16th t0 20th in Algarve, Portugal
May 21st to 25th in Lisbon Area, Portugal
June 18th to 22nd in Lisbon Area, Portugal
July 16th to 20th in Lisbon Area, Portugal
August 20th to 24th in Lisbon Area, Portugal
Sept 17th to 21st in Lisbon Area, Portugal
Oct 1st to 5th, Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Oct 2020 Texas, USA
**Note all retreats must be registered and paid for one month before start date**
Will he choose to rise again or choose to fall? The Wounded Masculine breaks my heart. The masculine is having a spontaneous awakening. They are waking up and wondering where the heck are they. They thought they had it all figured out. They had a plan. They were on the right path and than one day they woke up and lost everything important to them because they had been sleeping.
They lost their business, they lost their money, they lost their family, they lost their house, their stuff and now they are about to lose their mind. It is as if they woke up on a brand new planet and had no idea how to navigate it. So the first reaction is to retreat into their cave. To go deep within their cave. They will probably fall into what appears to be a depression.
He has to go into his cave for awhile. He needs to figure out what happened and to make a new plan. Reset his GPS. Because at the moment he is completely out of alignment. He has no idea how to be in his natural essence which is to “Provide and Protect”.
What he doesn’t realize is that it is all perfect. It is a gift. Without losing it all he wouldn’t realize everything he actually has. He wouldn’t take the time to do the inner work that is necessary for this beautiful reset in his life. He already has all the tools and all of the wisdom. Now he gets to heal the deepest parts of his heart and soul. Actually this will be his biggest mission yet if he chooses to accept. To go to the unknown and darkest places. He actually has the gift of an opportunity to heal himself and chart a new path. All he needs is a little guidance. Perhaps guidance from an enlightened and energetically aligned female. Someone who knows this path and has successfully led many other men out of the darkness and into the light.
The next challenge is to ask for help because he doesn’t want to appear weak or that he doesn’t know his direction. So he investigates her energy and the inner dialogue begins. Can I trust her? Does she know what she is talking about? Will she deceive me or betray me. It is a huge risk putting my heart into her hands. I could get hurt again. Perhaps it is better to stay in my head and figure this out, I have done this before. Yet there is something magical in her. Something I can not articulate…yet I can feel it. I want to trust again.
So the battle of the head and the heart continues. It is at this pivotal point that he gets to choose his path. Will it be the old path that is so comfortable or will he forge a new path to his heart and reach out and ask her for assistance.
If he chooses to forge a new path, he will be surprised to discover his hidden treasures. He will rise from the fallen knight to the glorious King that he is meant to be.
It breaks my heart when I think of all the wounded masculine in this world. They have lost their way and now they are trying to find their way back. It breaks my heart when I think of all the damage the wounded feminine have done to the masculine. Feeding them lies, hopes, fears and destruction. It breaks my heart when I feel the wounded masculine and how broken their really are. I just want to hold them and breath life back in to them. It is time for the wounded masculine to rise to their Divinity. It is time for them to meet the true Divine Feminine. The one who honours and respects them. The one who cares and nurtures them because they are respected and honoured by the masculine. It is time for us to rise together. Not to be divided. Yet to be united. It is time for the false illusions of fear to be dissipated by the energies of love. Take my hand. Allow me to lead for awhile until you find your solid ground again and learn to trust the feminine. The true Divine Feminine. I will lead you down the path of self-love, self-discovery and self-awareness.
Much love always and forever
The Divine Feminine