Touch. I miss it. I miss the feeling of being touched. I miss the feeling of touching others I love. That sensation that awakens feelings that are dormant within your body. That sensation that reminds you that you are alive. Do you ever crave to be touched or to touch others?
For those that have remained mostly isolated over this last year, touch has been missing. Touch is a basic human need.
Why is touch so important?
Physical contact is a basic human need with emotional, mental, and physical benefits. From the moment of birth, babies need to cling, suckle, and rest on caregivers. This practice forms the bonds at the heart of our familial social structure and is a key tool of survival.
Without this basic human need being met I am concerned. I am concerned with humanity’s well-being. When are basic needs are not being met many physical, emotional and mental issues may arise.
The release of the hormone oxytocin is another benefit of physical touch. oxytocin helps humans form emotional connection to one another and creates sensations that foster a sense of well-being and happiness. Even if we aren’t bonding with babies, adults can still benefit from the various rewards of an oxytocin release with friends, partners, or even animals.
3 Positive Health Manifestations from Touch
Why is human touch so powerful? The benefits of physical touch, and the biological stimulation that comes with it, go beyond social bonding and can manifest positively in your mental and physical health.
Here are some major ways hugs and hand holding can increase your happiness and longevity.
Inspire positive thinking and expand trust
Known as the “feel good” hormone, oxytocin helps inspire positive thinking and an optimistic outlook on the world. Oxytocin also generates feelings of compassion during interactions. This can contribute to an expansion of trust among individuals during social situations.
Reduce social anxiety and stress
Physical touch increases levels of dopamine and serotonin, two neurotransmitters that help regulate your mood and relieve stress and anxiety. Dopamine is also known to regulate the pleasure centre in your brain that can offset feelings of anxiety.
Boost immune system and lower blood pressure
Physical touch is known to improve the function of your immune system as well as reduce diseases such as those associated with the heart and blood. One study on women found that receiving more hugs from their partners led to lower heart rates and blood pressure.
Physical contact is a key component to emotional, mental, and physical well-being. However, sometimes we need more than a hug. If you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, or other mental health challenges, you may benefit from online therapy.
I know it may be extremely difficult to find someone to hug at this moment. You may miss being touched and touching others. I understand. I do have a few solutions that may assist you. Before you read on, be warned I may get intimate and this material is for only the ones ready.
I suggest you start touching yourself. Now before you start wandering down that road, listen closely. I am suggesting creating a touch routine for yourself. How far you go with this routine is totally up to you. Within my work as a Self-Love Expert, the subject of touch comes up quite a bit. Why? Because like I said above, touch is a basic human need and it needs to begin with our self.
Here is a really easy way to get started and it is a very honouring process of your body as well. The benefits definitely out way the risks. So I suggest you start with this. When you get out of the shower or bath each day, I want you to get some coconut oil or a nice body lotion you enjoy. Take the time to indulge in this practice of self-love. Take the time to appreciate and touch your body. I prefer the coconut oil in case I get carried away, I know the coconut oil is good for my entire body. Take your time and ensure that the lotion or oil is massaged into every part. Feel the sensation of touch. Appreciate this amazing body that you have. When you are ready to move up the Self-Love scale, do this routine in front of the mirror. Appreciating your body even more. I guarantee you will begin to experience sensations again. This is a very powerful process and is a powerful way to feel all of the benefits of touch.
Another suggestion that assists with experiencing oxytocin and serotonin which helps inspire positive thinking and an optimistic outlook on the world, is to experience the “State of Flow” more often. This is that feeling of “Being In The Zone.” When you are in this state it also releases certain chemicals of bliss such as oxytocin and serotonin. As a Flow Code Coach I am Certified to teach and lead classes where we experience the state of flow throughout the class. Flow Code is a system that has mapped out hundreds of ways to experience this state. Try joining one of my classes. You can send me an email at email@example.com to learn when the next class is.
Whatever choices you make for you, ensure that they are positive ones. Choices that can improve your overall well-being. Remember, I am here for you to assist you. Sending you a Virtual Hug Filled with LOVE.
Have you heard of the seven mindsets? They are actually powerful and positive mindsets that when implemented and integrated into your life can have profound impacts. Before getting into the benefits of inviting these mindsets into your life. Let me share first the seven mindsets.
Awe Mindset~ This mindset provides the basic energy to sustain the state of flow by triggering an initial zest for life. The very idea that we exist at all, that we are aware should fascinate us.
Creator Mindset~ This mindset empowers us to the notion that we are creators of our lives, our lives matter depending on what meaning we assign to them.
Gratitude Mindset~ This mindset is an ultimate tool for creating value to any experience. Gratitude is more than feeling thankful for something, it is more like a deeper appreciation for someone or something. It puts a situation into perspective ~ a self-correcting code, crucial for alignment.
Growth Mindset~ Scientists are conclusive in their research, that progress equals happiness. We need to feel we are growing in order to feel alive. Growth mindset is based on the notion that our basic equalities are things we can cultivate through our efforts. This mindset influences our mind to stretch ourselves in an effort and enjoy doing it.
Observer Mindset~ This mindset is described as the perception that arises from focused attention on observing breathing, emotions and thoughts.
Playful Mindset~ This mindset is where we approach everything with a playfulness which in turn creates a feeling of trust and creativity, being at peace with the environment and oneself. With the playful mindset we are immersed in reality in a way that contributes constructively to the beauty of life, we sense the true power of being alive.
Transpersonal Mindset~ This is the mindset that we experience that we are not separate from anyone or anything. That we are connected to all that does exist and we experience true fluidity and dissolution of anything outside of us.
With the use of triggers utilized within the “Flow Code system”, we can implement them into a daily routine that can assist us to “Reset, Renew and Recharge” our Body, Mind and Soul. Once you create a powerful and new routine you can begin your journey to create a “Flow Personality” which establishes an internal machinery of fulfillment and joy. A person with a Flow Personality can also be described as a person who is persistent, curious, low self-centred, open to experience and challenges and always remaining positive, internally driven and selfless.
Also you may experience such as less anxiety, less stress, less episodes of depression, increased and boosted immunity, a better overall mental and physical health and well-being, be a more creative and productive person. There are infinite possibilities to the positive benefits one can enjoy and infuse into their life by practicing methods that we lay out within the program.
Now the answer to “How To” Implement and Integrate The Power of the 7 Mindsets Into Your Life”
~Create a daily routine that consists of the 7 mindsets with a Flow Code Ritual.
~Practice the guided triggers that have been set out in the Flow Code Map.
~BE consistent…it takes time to create a Flow Personality.
~Keep on learning and exploring more about these concepts.
~Start today. Find a Flow Code Coach here
~Learn about the Flowhub 7 to help support you on your journey.
~Invest in yourself and deepen your experience.
Are you ready to open up and deepen your experience? We are in a new world and we required even more powerful ways to enhance our lives.
I am inviting you to learn about my upcoming 7 week Online Workshop:
“Activate The Universal Law of Delight Through The Power Of The 7 Mindsets”
REGISTER NOW for space is limited, the experience begins February 17th, 2021.
Everyone is welcome! If you are already a Flow Code Coach, you will be gifted 10% off.
As always it has been my pleasure assisting you on your journey. My greatest advice is not to hesitate. Begin today.
Much love and light always,
Flow Code Mentor and Wellness Expert
COOPERATION & BEING IN HARMONY~~08,20,2020
Just breath. Today is the beginning of an expansion that reflects growth in a certain area of your life.
As life is evolving to another phase, the Universe is rearranging itself and continuously working behind the scenes to help you. TRUST that everything is always working out for you. And as you are going through changes, the lives of others are being impacted and transformed around you.
Remember, everything and every person in this Universe has a mission and purpose in their existence.
It is time to create new beginnings and expand with the Universe. Today is a day when a new cycle is about to start in your life. This new cycle of experiences is about growth and expansion..
Pay attention to your present thoughts and feelings. Be aware of the triggered emotions from your thinking habits and understand that the positive or negative energy you put into what you consistently think about will create your new reality.
In the big picture, it's important to realize that your thoughts become your words and through your words you express the creative power within you to manifest everything around you.
"Your word is the gift that comes directly from God."
Simply put, your thoughts become your actions, and your actions create your own reality. And as you can seem you hold the power for creation.
Trust the seeds of your thoughts are growing as you are nourishing them with your words, feelings and actions.
If the thoughts you have planted and nurtured in your mind actually serve you for your highest good. Continue to water and care for them. Your thoughts will emerge from the fertile ground of your mind and you will soon see them manifested into your life experience as your own creation.
Importantly, have faith and patience in your life plan. The bigger the goal, the more physical, mental, emotional and spiritual energy you will have to put into your plan in order to make it happen~and it will happen.
It will happen at the right time for you.
Keep up with the positive affirmations and visualizations. Most significantly, take ACTION to manifest your creation. Something will happen when you start moving.
Ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu said it best "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
What action will you take today?
Much love and light always, Leona
Is happiness a choice? Yes! Many happy people realize happiness is a choice and it’s up to them to intentionally choose it every single day.
Happy people are not held captive by their circumstances and they do not seek happiness in people or possessions.
They comprehend that when we stop chasing the world’s definition of happiness, we begin to see the decision to experience happiness has been right in front of us all along. Research in the field of positive psychology continues to reinforce this inner-standing.
Yet simply knowing that happiness is a choice is not enough. Fully experiencing it still requires a conscious decision to choose happiness each day. How then might each of us begin to experience this joy?
Here are some suggestions:
You can choose to embrace one new action item, practice all of them, or simply use them as inspiration to discover your own. Here are 12 suggestions to choose happiness today:
1. Count your blessings. Happy people choose to focus on the positive aspects of life rather than the negative. They set their minds on specific reasons to be grateful. They express it when possible. And they quickly discover there is always, always, something to be grateful for.
2. Put on a smile. A smile is a wonderful beautifier. But more than that, studies indicate that making an emotion-filled face carries influence over the feelings processed by the brain. Our facial expression can influence our brain in just the same way our brains influence our face. So in actuality you can program yourself to experience happiness by choosing to smile. Not to mention, all the pretty smiles you’ll receive in return for flashing yours is also guaranteed to increase your happiness level.
3. Speak daily affirmation into your life. Affirmations are positive thoughts accompanied with affirmative beliefs and personal statements of truth. They are recited in the first person, present tense (“I am…”). Affirmations used daily can release stress, build confidence, and improve outlook. For maximum effectiveness, affirmations should be chosen carefully, be based in truth, and address current needs.
4. Wake up on your terms. Most of us have alarm clocks programmed because of the expectations of others: a workplace, a school, or a waking child. That’s probably not going to change. Yet that doesn’t mean we have to lose control over our mornings in the process. Wake up just a little bit early and establish an empowering, meaningful, morning routine. Start each day on your terms. The next 23 hours will thank you for it.
5. Hold back a complaint. The next time you want to lash out in verbal complaint towards a person, a situation, or yourself, don’t. Instead, humbly keep it to yourself. You’ll likely diffuse an unhealthy, unhappy environment. Yet more than that, you’ll experience joy by choosing peace in a difficult situation.
6. Practice one life-improving discipline. There is happiness and fulfillment to be found in personal growth. To know that you have intentionally devoted time and energy to personal improvement is one of the most satisfying feelings you’ll ever experience. Embrace and practice at least one act of self-discipline each day. This could be exercise, budgeting, or guided-learning… whatever your life needs today to continue growing. Find it. Practice it. Celebrate it.
7. Use your strengths. Each of us have natural talents, strengths, and abilities. And when we use them effectively, we feel alive and comfortable in our skin. They help us find joy in our being and happiness in our design. So embrace your strengths and choose to operate within your giftedness each day. If you need to find this outlet outside your employment, by all means, find this outlet.
8. Accomplish one important task. Because happy people choose happiness, they take control over their lives. They don’t make decisions based on a need to pursue joy. Instead, they operate out of the satisfaction they have already chosen. They realize there are demands on their time, helpful pursuits to accomplish, and important contributions to make to the world around them. Choose one important task that you can accomplish each day. And find joy in your contribution.
9. Eat a healthy meal/snack. We are spiritual, emotional, and mental beings. We are also physical bodies. Our lives cannot be wholly separated into its parts. As I always say it is about the Body, Mind and Soul journey. Our physical bodies will always have impact over our spiritual and emotional well-being. Therefore, caring for our physical well-being can have significant benefit for our emotional standing. One simple action to choose happiness today is to eat healthy foods. Your physical body will thank you… and so will your emotional well-being.
10. Treat others well. Everyone wants to be treated kindly. Yet more than that, deep down, we also want to treat others with the same respect that we would like given to us. Treat everyone you meet with kindness, patience, and grace. The Golden Rule is a powerful standard. It benefits the receiver. Yet it also brings growing satisfaction in yourself as you seek to treat others as you would like to be treated.
11. Meditate. Find time alone in solitude. As our world increases in noise and speed, the ability to withdraw becomes even more essential. Studies confirm the importance and life-giving benefits of meditation. Take time to make time. Use meditation to search inward, connect spiritually, and improve your happiness today.
12. Search for gift in your pain. Life can be difficult and nobody escapes without pain. At some point—in some way—we all encounter it. When you do, remind yourself again that the trials may be difficult, yet they will pass. Search deep to find meaning in the pain. Choose to look for the benefits that can be found in your trial. At the very least, perseverance is being built. And most likely, an ability to comfort others in their pain is also being developed.
Choose joy today and be happy. Much love and light always, Leona
Your Wellness Advocate, Self-Love Expert, and Guide Back To Your Heart
Creator of Reset, Renew, Recharge Retreats and Wellness Wisdom Wednesdays
It is time to integrate the heart energy and the beautiful mind and receive FLOW.
Let’s explore the possibilities of how playful mindset eliminates to flow by approaching every situation with ease and openness.
The core essence of play is “playfulness”. Emerging into any task with a playful approach creates a feeling of trust and creativity. Every playful is being at peace with the environment and oneself. It’s about letting oneself go.
When people are playing they reveal their true selves. To the contrary as well, when playing, one can mimic whatever the idea is of play. A child can become a doctor in a split second, saving the lives of many in his or her playroom. It is important to trust in oneself and others to the point where one can be relaxed and playfully released into co-creation of the world of play.
Playful mindset is a mode of perception that brings the biggest satisfaction. When one is playful, one is instantly integrated with one’s own self and with the activity. We are immersed in the reality in a way that contributes constructively to the beauty of life. When we are playful, we are rewarded with the inexhaustible source of energy life that lies within us.
Activities of flow are done for their own sake, for the enjoyment and experience they provide, like work, art, music or sports. These goal-oriented activities can easily become ends in themselves and enjoyed for their own sake.
Our brain is willing to learn, if we provide safe and challenging circumstances that will arouse our learning capabilities. Such an environment, the stay and play mode of being produces a positive hormonal response, which an individual is likely to seek more often.
It is the way that nature has provided us with the safe testing of our abilities, in order to survive. It is also the way to sense the true power of being alive. When one is lost in play, one has found an endless fountain of life energy.
Playful mindset can be summarized with the following intention:
“I have a playful approach toward everything I do.”
Learn how to play more today and integrate this mindset into your life and watch how life flows.
Register today for our program that begins April 5th, 2020. A 6 week virtual program where we marry mindset and heart Being.
Take this opportunity to “Reset, Renew, Recharge – Align Your Body, Mind and Soul.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learnmore here: https://www.awakenthebeauty.com/upcoming-workshops.html
2020 is a New Year and the beginning of a New Decade. An opportunity for us to have anything we can possibly imagine. Around the world there is chaos and revolutions and this can look very bad. And it can be. Yet it is also a great sign that things are changing and people of the planet are demanding better ways of life. They are asking for more and realizing that they deserve better. So because mindsets and beliefs are shifting, we will tend to see this desire happening on the outside. Perceiving it as only chaos and revolution yet what is really happening is the "old foundations" are breaking down so we can build new one. The same thing happens within humans. When we begin to desire to new experiences in our lives, we begin to break down our "old foundations". Now without any Guidance this can be chaotic and definitely feel like a revolution. It can get messy and take a long time. It can feel as if we are really getting no where. This is quite possible because it is an uphill battle when shifting the sub-conscious. This is where 95% of our programming lies that we are not conscious of and without any Guidance you can be going in circles forever. So with all this in "mind", I have made it part of my mission to assist humanity where I can...by being in my gifts. What are my gifts? Well, I have the ability to Guide you back to your heart which is the gateway to your subconscious. Where we can strategically tear down your "old foundation" (with love) and rebuild a new one that will assist you in creating the life that you desire. Cause you know what would happen if you built a "new house" on an "old foundation"? Eventually over a short period of time, your new house would come crumbling to the ground. So the intention over this next decade is to help a minimum of 1 million people to build a new foundation. How? With your help. I require you to say yes to you first. Love yourself first. Allow me to Guide you with no strings attached. Take advantage of my years of expertise in the "Self-Love Field" and all of my tools, strategies and gifts. My promise to you is to gift you as much of my wisdom as possible. Your promise to you, is to receive, integrate, implement and BE the best you! Than share with others, so we can build a better world. A stronger foundation to build the BEST house! So stay tune! This February is all about sharing LOVE! It is also my birth month. So I have decided to GIFT something of value each day of February to you! Follow along and take part in this journey with me as I Guide you back to your Heart! Much love always, Leona
Your Self-Love Expert